Monday, February 22, 2010

2-16-10 Almost Transfers

Family and Friends(if any friends actually read these),
I did not write on Monday because it was president's day. It is wierd to write on a Tuesday.

Transfers are almost here again (they come too quick). We find out what is happening tomorrow evening. Maybe I will take over my first area. Maybe I will be shipped off again. Maybe we will both stay here again. Who knows?

So the My LDS Mail switched to a gmail server. It is way nice. It works so much smoother than the old one.
The weather was terrible Sunday. They canceled church because of it, which was disappointing. We had the Sanches family planning to come, but had to call them and tell the m to stay home. Hopefully they can make it next week and still be baptized on the 27th, but that would involve the dad pulling an all-nighter because he works every-other Saturday night.

I will include something that my missino esident sent out to us:
"Mission Boundaries

On Saturday there was an article in the Church News that stated: "To better align resources and adjust to the ever changing needs of the Church, 10 new missions will be organized in July, while 14 other missions will be combined with neighboring missions. The resulting number of missions will be 340." Related to us it stated that Church will "combine the Illinois Peoria Mission with the Iowa Des Moines, Missouri St. Louis and Nebraska Omaha missions." The mission president of the Peoria Illinois mission completes his three year mission in July. That is all I know at the moment, speculation on potential mission boundaries is not a concern to us now, we will be informed at the appropriate time, so please discourage any discussion about these changes. All I can say is that the Lord runs this Church and what is planned is His will."

We also get two new spanish-speaking greenies this week. I am excited for that.
That's about all for this week. Love you all.
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: