Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First letter home (week 1)

Dear family,

It's my first night here-they told us to write letters home. I am short on time so it will not be long. I will also be emailing from now on, so you will not have to put up with my handwriting. Preparation day is Thursday (not tomorrow though). So at the airport after I went through security I went to the terminal and there were four other elders. Travis Osbora was there and three others. We flew there; it was an uneventful flight. I talked to the person sitting next to me ( I had a windiw seat). We chatted for a while about lots of things. I eventually told him exactly what I was doing and then gave him that pass-along card. We landed in Salt Lake and met a few more Elders. Me and three others took the shuttle first. It was just a van. We arrived at the MTC and unloaded. We ate lunch. i sat next to a new missionary Elder bingham.

Our schedule for the rest of the day was as follows:

2:00-3:30 Training activities
-Health orientation
-watching a mock discussion

3:30-4:45 Orientation by the MTC presidency

4:45-6:00 Dinner/unpack

6:30-9:00 Branch Presidency orientation
-meet zone leaders
-interviews
-get district leaders
-tour


I am really short on time so that will be all for tonight. i will write more next Thursday in Email. Here is my address to post on the Blog for others.

Elder Austin James Burnham
MTC mailbox #141
NE-OMA 0721
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, Utah 84604-1793

Sincerely,
Elder Burnham

Ps: I am loving it here!

0 comments: