Monday, August 10, 2009

Week ending 9-10-09

Family and Friends.

It seems I have had yet another bad experience with myLDSmail. I sent my email last week and it said it went through. I logged on today, however, and had a report saying it never went through. VERY frustrating. I resent it and I hope last week's and this week's get through. I will try to be a little less violent with this computer, seeing as they might take away my library card if I destroy the computer.

I got a free bike this week!! We had zone conference this week on tuesday. Apparently Elder Plowman's dad had called Elder and Sister Johnson (the mission car coordinators) and asked them to find a bike for him. They had it in their car at zone cenference, but Elder Plowman already had gotten one. I told her I needed one stil so I got it!! I'm so rad.

The rest of zone conference was awesome. We learned a lot and it got me excited to do the work. We have zone meeting this week.

I made cookies last preparation day. They were interesting. We didn't have
brown sugar, so we were going to go get some and just put it in at the end. We ended up not getting any so I just added more regular sugar. I also put in more flour because they didn't seem like the right consistency. I guess I added too much because they turned out kind of cakey. They were still good though. I will do better next time I make them.

So the guy who just showed up at sacrament meeting (who you won't read about until today[curse that email...]) hasn't called and didn't come to church again. I'm still hoping he calls this week or comes to church next sunday.

I have fallen in love. The piano in the chapel is amazing. It is a nice grand that sits across from the organ. I play it every time we are at the church. Sadly, I think I'm the only person who does. They use the organ in sacrament and I'm the only one who can play it in priesthood. It sounds so beautiful though. I really miss playing the piano. We are going to stop by the thrift store today and see if they have any electric keyboards I can snag for the appartment.

Well, that's about it for this week. The letter's kind of short, but I think it will be okay since you get two week's worth all at once.

Later-
Elder Burnham

0 comments: