Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3-8-10 Keep Going

Friends and Family,

I don't feel much in the writing mood today, but we'll see how things turn out.

I guess first off, I'll talk about who came to church. We had Gabriela and Serafin come to church, with their three kids: 8,4,2 (I think). This is their second time and they really like it. We have talked to them about baptism and they say they want to be baptized, but we are working on setting a date still. We also had a friend of a member come. His name was Alberto. We talked to him briefly about coming to church when we say him at the member's house, and it turned out that he came! He seemed a little bored, but later that night he called us, and told us he really liked it! He asked when the next service and seemed a little disappointed when we said that they were only on Sundays. But he gave us his address and we are excited to teach him more.

There was a leadership council this week in Omaha. I was invited to come with my companion, who is a District leader. There were about 50 missionaries there. The meeting was about 7 hours long (lunch included) and we heard from one person from the missionary department and another from the MTC. We learned a whole bunch of good stuff and I feel like this is going to be a turning point for this mission. I remembered the MTC guy and he gave basically the exact same thing he did when I was there. I still had the notes on it and everything. Back to training for our mission! After the meeting we went to the temple. It had been a while so I was really glad to go.

Okay that's basically everything exciting for this week. We did find some promising new investigators though. I look forward to working with them.

Love you all.
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: