Monday, January 11, 2010

1-11-10 Transfers-Schuyler


Friends and Family,

Hello again. Transfers came and went again this week. I got transferred Again!! Heavenly Father just keeps moving me around. I left Logan Iowa and got transferred to Schuyler (pronounced SKYLER) Nebraska! If you remember, that is the Spanish area in the Columbus Branch. It is nice to be back in the same branch, with a whole bunch of familiar faces. I look forward to serving here with theBranch President and Branch Mission Leader again. They are both great. The Branch President's wife also makes AMAZING food (especially rolls) and feeds us about every Sunday. We had some awesome food after church yesterday.

Oh- before I forget, next Monday is MLK day. We are going to be proselyting then (hopefully lots of people will be home), so our preparation day will be Tuesday that week. Just a heads up.

So my new companion is Elder Shumway. He has been out about a year and a half, and learned Spanish in the MTC. He is way awesome. He is a great worker and missionary. I am super excited for this transfer; I think it will be my favorite one of my mission so far.

We have a lot of Spanish investigators here, and I have already gotten a lot of practice with my Spanish. I should get a lot better this transfer. I hope I stay in this area a long time. Schuyler has about 5,000 people.

The missionaries here were previously living in a trailer in someone's garage. We finally got an apartment here about a week ago. It is really nice and I am excited to live there.

I am not too familiar with the investigators here, but we do have someone with a baptismal date. Her name is Soccoro. She is a Spanish investigator. She knows this is the church she wants to join, and that the Book of Mormon is true, but she is living with someone. She does not yet know she needs to get married or move out, but she wants to get baptized. We will talk to her about that next time we see her (I have not met her yet). We have some other potential investigators, that I will write about next week.

-Elder Burnham

0 comments: