Monday, January 25, 2010

1-18-10 Good Week

Family and Friends,
This was a pretty good week. But the library is really full so I have very little time to write about it. The little bubble just came up telling me I have 10 minutes left. I will write fast.

The weather has been really good this week. It got up to the low 40s one day. A lot of the snow has been melting, but there is still a lot more. We heard there is supposed to be some freezing rain today, but I'm not sure.

So the place we moved in to used to be just retirement housing. They lifted that at the beginning of the year. I think we are the only ones living there who are younger than 50. They are a bunch of duplex houses. We made good friends with our neighbor and gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon, which she has actually read. It was her birthday Friday so we sang to her.

I have had a small epiphany. Through all the times of trying to explain to investigators how the Holy Ghost feels, to help them recognize it, I found a way that I like to describe it. The Spirit is Joy. When I feel the spirit, I usually feel happy. The spirit, like joy, is a feeling that completely envelopes you. It makes you happy, and it's a feeling that you never want to end. In the MTC I heard a quote from a General Authority that said that you can tell if you and your investigator are feeling the spirit if neither of you want to be anywhere else at that moment.

We have one investigator who has a baptismal date. Her name is Nina. She is awesome. She has a whole lot of faith and wants to start her journey of doing what God wants her to do. More about her next week.

We also went to a Spanish Pentecostal Church. More about that next week too.

I love you all. Have a great week.
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: