Friday, January 1, 2010

12-28-09 Christmas

Friends and Not-Immediate-Family,
(I spoke to my immediate family Thursday- they don't need an email this week)

I hope you all had a great CHRISTMAS!! I certainly did. It was nice to talk to my family and hear their voices. I will miss Christmas time, though. Ten more months....

On Christmas Eve, we watched The Nativity and Mr Krueger's Christmas with the Hess's. After that, we sang Christms hymns and read the Christmas story out of the New Testament. Christmas morning we opened presents at about 8:00. We had a big Christmas breakfast and then played in the freshly-fallen snow. I called home at 4:00 and we had Omaha Steaks for dinner at about 6:00. It was a good day.

The weather was not fun this week. Our cars were grounded Tue-Fri, so we did as much work as we could here in Persia, but that's not much. I am excited to have a normal week finally. Hopefully the weather agrees.
There is about 2-3 feet of snow on the ground right now, with drifts up to 4ft. This is apparently the worst winter they have had here in a long time.

Transfers are coming up. Don't send any mail to Persia after New Year's Day. Send it to the Mission office, so if I get transfered I will still get it.
I love you all and have a happy new year!

-Elder Burnham

SSCN1454.JPG

This was after an ice storm. The trees look way cool.


SSCN1455.JPG


We played in the snow on Christmas. I am hiding behind a snow drift.


SSCN1456.JPG

Me and Elder Poccori.


SSCN1457.JPG


He made me angry...

SSCN1458.JPG


There was about 3 and a half feet of snow here. We both jumped in it.

SSCN1459.JPG


He turned me into a newt!
...
I got better...."
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

0 comments: