Saturday, October 23, 2010

10-12-10

Family,
 
This was a tough week. It just seems like things were not going our way in anything. We had most of our best appointments fall through, and complications with Rosalba's baptismal date. Needless to say, I am a little discouraged and don't feel like an really effictive missionary. But I know this feeling with pass with a little time. I think the most important thing I learned was that I need to focus more on the spirit. I have been working, but I feel like a good chunk of it is just doing the normal stuff. After the meeting with Elder Ellis of the Seventy, I focused on this, and I saw good things happen.  I know it makes a difference, but I lost my focus this week. I am excited for our district meeting tomorrow, where I can learn how to continue improving, and feel the spirit. This is an opportunity to use the Atonement.
 
Love you all,
-Elder Burnham
 
PS okay so looking back on it, that is a pretty dismal letter. Not the note I want to end on. But missions can be hard at times. Know that I am working hard, and growing in my love and appreciation for the Savior and his atonement. I feel the spirit as I write this and I love it. I know what we teach is the word of God, and that it contains the fulness of the Gospel, to help people take advantage of the Atonent and reach the Celestial Kingdom. I know this is a growing opportunity, and I will try my best to get as much out of it as possible. Again, I love all of you. Have a great week!!
 
PPS I may send pictures next week. We'll see.

0 comments: