Saturday, October 23, 2010

9/27: Hello.

 

Sorry, I am short on time again. I am going to copy my president's letter here, but I would like to preface it. This week, we had Elder Ellis of the Seventy and his wife visit. It was a really good Zone Conference.
 
The two things I took away from Zone conference were:
Prayer- more heartfelt and sincere
Cast out unbelief
 
I have continued pondering on these things, and faith. As I have done this, I have had a lot of personal revelation about what I have to do to change and be better. I was thinking about having the faith of a mustard seed, and got a little discouraged, because I thought, "I can't move a mountain. I don't even have the faith of a mustard seed." But then I got thinking. I know that if I felt the Holy Ghost tell me to do it, I would have the faith and power to do it. I later read a quote from Jeffrey R Holland about needing to pray with faith in order to take advantage of the Lord's promise "ask and ye shall recieve". Sometimes I don't have a whole lot of faith when I pray, but the same realization I had applies to this kind of faith. If the Spirit tells me to pray for it, I will have the faith to get it. I now relize why it is so important for the spirit to tell us what to pray for, as it says in Doctrine and Covenants. I am striving to be led by the spirit in my prayers, and really expect them to be answered.
 
I really feel like this is a crucial part in my mission. My faith and desire are really increasing, and I am being really obedient. I am doing what I need to to be the missionary I want to be. I have the spirit so much more with me, and I feel like I am a tool in the Lord's hands. I am sincerely excited for the work.
 
We had an amazing finding experience last night. We were heading back to the car at about 8:20. It was dark and I was tempted to go back to the appartment to work on the area book, but decided against it. Even though it was late, I decided to look through my planner and find someone else to visit. As we got to the car ans I did so, a lady walked up. We talked to her and she seemes so prepared. Her mom is a member in Mexico, and her sister too. She had seen us before, but was just too shy to ask us if we were the Mormons. She said she had been commenting to her daughter that they needed to find a church to go to, but did not want to go to the Catholic because they didn't know when the spanish Mass was. We have an appointment with her tonight. I am really excited, and know that we were led to her.
 
Love you all.
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: