Monday, September 20, 2010

9-20-10 Elder Orellana

Family,

I love you all. Here I am again. Basically I have only about 5 minutes to write today. We are now 5 missionaries, instead of four. One new one does not have a library card, so I am sharing a computer time with another. I will try to write lots.

My new companion is Elder Orellana. He was born in Guatemala, but moved here when he had 6 months. He is from Utah, but has lived a little bit in Arizona. He has been out 6 months, and just finished training. We are speaking spanish a lot, and both improving. He speaks just a little bit better than me.

I loved serving with Elder Markham. He is an amazing missionary. He came out ready, and has such a strong testimony. He helped me be so much better, and strengthened my own testimony. I miss him. But I know he prepared me to serve with Elder Orellana. I am excited for this transfer.

Rosalva came to church today with her mom, but the two others we were planning on did not. Sad day. We did have 47 people in our Spanish sacrament meeting, which was phenomenal.

The work goes well. I love you all and love God. Be missionaries.

-Elder Burnham

0 comments: