Monday, September 13, 2010

9-13-10 Good week.

Family,

The computers are rather busy today so I will not have much time. I will try to write a good letter still.

Thsi week was a really good week. We found 5 new investigators, and most seem pretty solid. I am excited to work with them. Here is a brief list of some of them (and others):

Alma- She is Evangeical. The first time we went, she said, "There's no comitment is there? I already have a church." She used to be cathilic, but was converted. She says it was difficult, and she faced opposition from her family, but was strong. We have met with her twice now and she said this, "I don't wan't to change, but if it is what God wants of me, I will do it." She agres 100% that she needs to ask God. She knows God sent us to her, for whatever reason.

The Hernandez Family- We have met with them three times now. I wrote this about them last week, "We found a cool family this week. It is a mother and Father and their children. They have 6 kids and we have met three. The mother seems really interested, and she wants to do what's right for her children. One of the children seems quite interested too. Her name is Dolores and she is 15. They all went to the Johova's Witness church (minus the dad I think) but don't any more." They are a really good family. They pray every day as a family, and are just such good people. We taught them yesterday, and I taught the parents in Spanish while Elder Markham taught two of the kids in English. It worked really well. They said they would pray to know if the Book of Mormon was true. They ask good questions, and I can tell they really want to learn.

Maria, Ricardo, Cristina- We knocked into this family two weeks ago, but they didn't seem too interested. We finally got to get in and teach them Saturday. The mom (Maria) and the 18-year-old (Cristina) are the most interested. Cristina didn't like how other churches said that they were right and if you didn't believe exactly what they did you were going to Hell. We were able to answer her questions. There are a bunch of other kids, and they kept coming in and out and listening for parts. When we finished, the mom asked, "When can you guys come back?" and the daugher said her favorite part was the first vision. They should come to church next Sunday. I am really excited for them.

Rosalva- She set a baptismal date, and is planning on getting baptised on October 9th. It's exciting.

Mauricio- He came to church for most of Sacrament meeting yesterday, right after he got back from work at McDonald's (our Sacrament meeting is last). We talked about how church is such a good thing, and then at the end of the lesson, he said, "I am going to talk to my supervisor to see if I can get Sundays off. He doesn't feel ready for baptism yet, but we are going to continue working with him.

We have some other investigators that should be coming along soon, but those are the ones we are teh most excited for right now. I am glad for the privelage to be able to teach them. They all are great people and increase my faith.

I love Elder Markham. We are working hard and being really obedient, and the Lord is blessing us. It seems like we just keep finding amazing people. He understands a lot of Spanish, so he can follow along with the lessons. He usually adds comments in English and I translate. It work pretty well. I will get a new companion at transfers this Friday. This turned out to be wuite a good letter. I love you all. Thanks for your love and prayers.


-Elder Burnham

0 comments: