Sunday, September 12, 2010

9-7-10 Elder Markham




Family,

As of an hour ago, Elder Palomeque is no longer my companion. It is weird. It went so fast. My new companion is Elder Markham. I was going to write about him last week, but didn't. He went into the MTC to learn Portuguese, so he could go to Brazil. He couldn't get a visa, so he came here to wait. He has been in the field about two and half weeks now. He was with the Zone Leaders, but is going to be with me for the rest of the transfer (10 days). IT is going to be strange having a companion that doesn't speak Spanish in an area of all Spanish. He does understand quite a bit though. He is still so new, that he still has that "Greenie Fire", and we are going to work super hard and be really obedient. Elder Palomeque was a hard worker, but didn't have a huge respect for the rules. I miss him though. Elder Markham is from Provo, Utah. I will send pictures.

Oh- Preparation day is on Tuesday because President wanted us to work on the Holiday. Just in case you were wondering.
So another big change here is that our District leader and his companion- those with whom we share the car- got a mini missionary. He is From Omaha, and will be with them for a week. That is going to be strange and exciting. It reminds me of when I went with Elder Crook for three days. I loved it.

We found a cool family this week. It is a mother and Father and their children. They have 6 kids and we have met three. The mother seems really interested, and she wants to do what's right for her children. One of the children seems quite interested too. Her name is Dolores and she is 15. They all went to the Johova's Witness church (minus the dad I think) but don't any more.

There was a baptism this Saturday by the English Elders in our ward. We went, and Rosalva came too. During, Rosalva asked us when there would be other baptisms. We told her the 18th and 25th. After, she was talking to an English Missionary (she speaks some English), who asked her if she was going to be baptized. She said soon. She told him she was deciding between the 18th and 25th. I am so excited for her. She loves church and she knows it is true. I want to see her get baptized and continue faithful in the church.

Um... The end.


-Elder Burnham


0 comments: