Wednesday, November 3, 2010

10/25/2010 This week.


One of the most frustrating things with the missionary work right now is teaching the people we find. We can find lots of people, and we find many people who seem golden. But then they are difficult to get for appointments and are hard to catch home. I am not sure if that's just normal, if it is the investigators we have, or just the hispanic culture. I am trying to figure that out. But I am going to talk to my companion and I think we will try to work on setting more appointments.

We are also struggling getting people to church. On Friday we had 4 people who looked solid and were somitted to come, but none did. It was frustrating.

I love you all and the work. We have transfers this week. I REALLY hope I stay. But the Lord's will be done.
Rosalba should get baptized this Saturday.
I want to send you all my testimony. It is a little different writing it out, but it will work.
I know what I teach is true. I know that every single doctrine of this church is from God. I know that the only way to get back to live with our Father in Heaven is through the Atonement of Christ. The only way to use the Atonement is by living the Gospel of Jesus Christ: having faith in Him, repenting, being baptised by proper authority, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. By doing these, we will get eternal life- the greatest of all the gifts of God. I know God has reatored the church in these days, and that there is a living prophet who recieves revelation from God for us all- to guide us. I know that we all are children of God. The Book of Mormon is scripture. Christ is our Savior. He loves us all so much. I can feel his love and help every day- and even more so on days that are hard. I love him. I know God hears and answers prayers, and that he speaks to us through the Holy Ghost. I have felt it numerous times and I know that feeling can come from nowhere but God. I love you all.
 
-Elder Burnham


0 comments: