Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year






Family,
Happy 2011!! It is hard to believe the new year is already upon us. I hope you all had fun partying Friday night. :)
We had a quality week. One thing we have been focusing on is trying to set up as many appointments as possible. It is helping us teach more and have more solid lessons. This is an area I have struggled with in the past. It is simple, but sometimes it is easy to not make the calls (especially since talking on the phone is not my favorite thing). But we have seen good fruits from it.
We have continued working with Rosa and Pedro, but they did not come to church this week. I have faith they will come next week. We have several other good investigators, and we are going to focus on getting more members out with us this week, to help them progress. We are going to start teacgin a 9-year-old that wants to get baptized. He is the friend of a member and has come to church about 5 times already. I am excited for him. I think there will be a few baptisms here the end of Jan or the first of Feb. I hope I stay (transfers are the 20th).
Friday night I got a little sick. We had to go back to the appartment about two hours early. It made me realize how grateful I am that I have good health normally. It is only the second time I have gotten sick like that on the mission. I am a little congested now, but I am mostly better.
I am going to include a few pictures from Christmas and since. I hope you enjoy them. Love you all!
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: