Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Wonderland

 

Beloved Family,
 
Right now it is a winter wonderland. We are getting the biggest snow of the winter thus far. About 6-7 inches have come down, and it is still snowing. But even with this, it is 5 times nicer than last winter. by this time last winter, we had already had about 3-4 feet. But we are just over a foot-ish so far this year. Even with all of its annoying qualities, I will miss the snow. It can be adventurous.
The days are slowly getting longer. I love it. I wait for the days when it does not get dark at 5:30.
 
Due to the snow, church was shortened this week. There was the English Sacrament meeting, followed be a half-hour Spanish one. There were only about 10 Spanish people there. It was a good meeting though. The only sad part is that we had 4 people who told us they were going to come to church, and none showed up. We'll get 'em next week. Hopefully there is not a snow storm then.
We also had to have a member drive us here to the library because we are not allowed to drive our cars until 1:00 due to road conditions.
 
I have started reading the Book of Mormon anew, focusing on the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I want to bear my testimony of it. I would not be here without the Atonement. I have needed it many times in my life, and I especially needed it to fully prepare for my mission. There are few feelings better than feeling through the spirit that God has forgiven you for every mistake you have made. I know we would not be able to feel that if our loving brother Jesus Christ did not perform the Atonement for us. I have recently been reading about the end of Christ's life in Jesus the Christ, and I feel the spirit testify of his divinity when I do. I am always amazed that he says, "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even unto death." It was a tremendous load that was surprising even for him. But he drank the dregs of the bitter cup. I love that in the Book of Mormon in 3 Ne 11 that this is the first thing he tells the people after he introduces himself. That is how important it is. I love the Saviour and what he did for me. I hope you all continue to use the Atonement daily. If you have not read Jesus the Christ, I suggest you do- or at least parts of it. It is quality.
 
I love you all, and God does too!
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: