Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2/9

To all my Beloved Fans,
 
I have ten minutes to write a good email to you all. We'll see how it goes.
 
We had a District meeting on Thursday. I was recently called as a district leader again, so I was in charge. I miss not having to do much to prepare for them. We talked about gaining a testimony through prayer. I found some really good scriptures and I feel like we all learned in the meeting. We did an activity where we all went alone and prayed for 10-15 minutes asking what the Lord would have us do to improve. I recieved inspiration about how I could be a better, more spirit-driven missionary. The only other companionship im my district lives two hours away, so transportation is often an issue. But we organized rides with some other missionaries and they were ablt to get in here to Sioux City for it. I loko forward to getting to know the missionaries in my didtrict better.
 
We had two investigators come to church this week, for which I was very excited. One is Silvia Gonzales. I have talked about her a lot in the past. She is progressing nicely. The other was Rafael, the dad of a part-member family we have been working with. His wife and kind got baptised a year ago and are way solid. He is coming along too.
 
We cleaned this morning. It was interesting to see my companion clean. He was not taught the same way as I was. He "swept" the kitchen and got a nice little pile of stuff. I reswept after him and got a pile twice the size of the one he just had. But the apartment is clean now. Not everyone is super clean like I am. Thanks to the parents for teaching me good cleaning and organization skills.
 
Curses. I am out of time. I wanted to write more too. Next week. Love you all.
 
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: