Monday, February 21, 2011

Typical Week

 
Family,
 
The work continues to go forth here in Sioux City. Rafael Flores should be baptized the 12th of March and is excited for his baptism. I am so excited to see this family be completed and a potential priesthood holder join the Sioux City Spanish group. He is a very good person and I want him to have the blessings of baptism.
 
Silvia has come 4 out of the last 5 Sundays.She likes it and plans to keep coming. She wants to get baptized, but has law of chastity problems (living with someone and not married). She wants to get married, but her boyfriend does not seem too fond of the idea. Bur I know that with the help of God, she can overcome this obstacle and be baptized.
 
Sioux City has been my favorite area so far, partly because I have actually spent time here. I love all the members and investigators. But I have been here a long time. It is starting to wear on me. I would be fine with a change. Transfers are in about 10 days. I think I am leaving. I an anxious to see where I go. Also, preparation day will be moved to Wednesday next week, so I will email you all then.
 
The weather has been awesome. I wore short sleeves for the first time this year. It ended up getting a little bit colder and I kind of regretted it but oh well. Sunday Morning it rained hard and hailed and it is snowing a little bit today but not much. Almost all of the snow here has melted, so I guess it is time to get a little more.
 
Well, I love you all, have a great week!!
 
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: