Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stayin put 1/24/2011

Family and all,

We got the call for transfers last Tuesday night and....  I'm staying in Sioux City again! This is my 5th transfer. I have been here almost 6 months, and will be staying another six weeks. I am glad. I really like this area. I think I will be happy to move in six weeks, but for now I am content.

There were two nonmembers at church this week. One was Silvia, who we taught before. She kind of disappeared on us and stopped answering the door. Amanda, her member friend, said she kind of avoided us. But even though we stopped visiting her, Amanda kept with it and she came to church again! She signed up to feed us this Wednesday, so we will see what happens. I hope she will progress.
The other person that came to church was Flor. She is the girlfriend of David- a returning member- and came with him. She has come before once, but we have not been able to teach her. We set up an appointment for Thursday. They work different shifts, so it is hard to get ahold of them both.

I am a district leader again this transfer. I have been for one transfer before, in Logan. I was rather surprised by the assignment, but I will try my best to serve my district (which is one other companionship).

I recently experienced the death of a good friend. Although he has no name, we have been together almost every single day for nearly three years. Time of death, 11:55 PM last night...... I still mourn his loss. My heart will never be consoled.... It you are confused. Good. My watch died. It does make me sad. But there is nothing more to do than to buy a new one. I had bought my old one on the Naval Base in San Diego on our priests' quorum scuba drive trip. I suppose live must move on.

I love you all! I pray for you.
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: