Monday, March 7, 2011

2 weeks in one + pictures





I forgot to say- We got a new car- Chevy Malibu. It is nice. It only had 20 miles on it when I got in the first time.


Interesting road Kill- a bat. How does that happen?
 

We found a break off of the church here. We took pictures.

NORFORK (3/7/11)

 
Family,
 
Time has been good here in Norfolk. But before going on, I must inform you of how to pronounce it. Here's the story:
When the people here applied to be a city, they wanted to be called North Fork. However, there was already a city named that. So they decided on Norfork. There was a mix up in the application process, and it came out Norfolk. But every on here just says Norfork anyway. It is a good city. We are working hard to find new investigators.
 
So I am liking it here. My companion is Elder Bittner. I will send a picture. I love him. We are gertting along well, and have many things in common. He is into drawing and writing. He also loves Settlers. He has it and we have played it a few times during lunch. I am writing a poem that I will probably send to you next week.
 
The weather has been really nice... untill today. It is snowing again and there may be up to 8 inches. :( I hope it doesn't snow much. But have fun with Spring break! I will be shovelling snow. Ha.
 
We had a regional stake conference here yesterday. It was televised and we listened to President Eyring, Bishop Burton, and Elder Cook. It was good.
 
There were a few more things I was going to say, but I forgort them. Next week.
 
Love ya.
-Elder Burnham
 
                                                 *                     *                     *

 
To Norfolk (3/2/11)

 
Family and all,
 
We got calls about transfers about an hour ago. I was a little surprised because what is happening is different that the things I was expecting. But I know it is from the Lord.
I will be going to Norfolk Nebraska, in the Sioux City Zone. It is about 25000 people, so it is back to a small town again. I guess I belong in small places. I was kind of hoping that I would get to serve in Omaha. It could still happen, but is less likely now. My companion will be Elder Bitner, who is an English missionary, but I will still be Spanish. I will not be district leader this transfer.
I have said my goodbys to the people here in Sioux City and will miss them all. But I will still be able to see them periodically.
That's basically it for this week. I will let you know next monday how Norfolk is.
 
I love you all. Have a good week.
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: