Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mid-June

 
Faithful Email Readers,
 
Hello! I hope this email finds you well. I am doing good here in good ol' Nebraska.
 
We had ward conference this week. The stake leaders came and it was good. The Stake president has had the calling for a few years, and did not speak any Spanish when he started. He has learned a lot, and in Sacrament meeting he bore his testimony in Spanish without any notes. It was powerful.
 
Last preparation day we went to the Zoo here with the Spanish missionaries from the North. It was a lot of fun. It was a little pricey, but worth it. I will send some pictures.
 
All the normal computers are busy, so they let us use the kids' ones. The chair I am sitting is rather small.
 
No investigators came to church this week, but Gustavo did again! We were excited about that. I hope he returns to full activity. He could even serve a mission.
 
There is a flooding problem here. I guess there has been a lot of melting snow and rain recently and they have started letting a lot of water out of dams up North. There has been a lot of sand bagging and such going on. I am sure you could hop on the internet and find out more than I know about it all in less than five minutes so I will not write any more on the subject. I'll let you do some research if you are curious.
 
We are planning on going to the Trail Center with Salvador this week to watch the Joseph Smith movie in Spanish. I am really excited. I will let you know how it goes.
 
Love you all! Until next week,
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: