Monday, December 6, 2010

December and Transfers


 
To my wonderful friends and family,
 
Don't you all just love Christmas time?? I do. I have waited for this for 11 months. The Christmas Devotional was fantastic. All three of the talks inspired me- -especially President Monson's and President Eyring's. I have an increased testimony of my savior and want to share that with others.
 
On Friday, we did not have a lot of success before we had come in for dinner. When we left, I wanted to see some. I felt like God could do a miracle for us. We prayed hard before leaving the apartment to find someone who had been prepared. After leaving, we continued praying, offering a series of about 6 prayers with specific questions of where to go. We were led to a corner and we went to a few houses. At the third house we went to a hispanic kid of about 18 answered. We asked if we could share a message and he said we could. He told us he loved Jesus and said we could come back to try to teach all in the house. I feel like we were led to him and I hope we can teach everyone there.
 
This Wednesday and Thursday are transfers. Another one has already passed. It is crazy. But I will let you know what happens.
 
So apparently Amanda got the story wrong from Silvia. It was kind of the opposite of what I said last week. But oh well.
 
We had interviews about ten days ago. In it, President said the following- We have a lot of Spanish missionaries coming in , and we will have about 18, which is 4 more than we need. If it is necessary, would you be willing to finish your mission as an English missionary? We will still need experienced missionaries to serve with some of the new ones, but would you be willing to switch if I needed you to?
I said I would if it was necessary. We will see what happens.
 
I hope you all have a splendid week and remember the birth of our Savior. I love you all.
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: