Monday, December 13, 2010

Transfers, Elder Keele




 
Family,
 
Transfers brought an unexpected result. Trainers usually stay with their companions for two transfers, but in this case, Elder Perez left. I am training another missionary, Elder Keele. He spent two months in the MTC, and that's how much Spanish he knows. He is from Idaho. He is a little quiet but is a good kid and is opening up and talking more. I like him. He seems to click better with me that Elder Perez did; we are just more alike. He wants to major in Physics. That's cool. I will send pictures.
 
Please sent all mail from now until the end of the year (especially packages) to my apartment.
Elder Burnham
610 13th Street #507
Sioux City, IA 51105
 
Saturday we had some crazy weather. It was a blizzard. It was about ten degrees all day, and snowed about six inches. And it was Super Windy. There is a thing called Tell Me, which is a number you can call to get information on sports, weather, etc. It described the wind as "moderate gale force winds". Needless to say, it was intense. We went out for about 90 minutes in the afternoon, and another 90 at night, after it had stopped snowing. I was very bundled up, and stayed warm, except my cheeks because snow kept getting blown into my face.
 
Our church was canceled this Sunday. We were sad that our investigators were not able to come. But we got permission from our bishop to hold a sacrament meeting in our apartment with the other missionaries. It was a very spiritual experience. It was one of the most meaningful times taking the sacrament I have ever had. The words of the prayer seemed to mean so much more. Afterward, we had a testimony meeting. It too was powerful. It strengthened my testimony of the priesthood and the sacrament. I know that we have the priesthood of God in the church. I know that the sacrament is an ordinance Christ set forth so that we could be renewed weekly. I know he sacrificed his life for us, and suffered for us in Gethsemane. He loves me, and I in turn love him as my brother and saviour. I know that the testimony that the Book of Mormon gives of him is true, and that any person on earth can strengthen their testimony of him through reading it. I love Christmas time.
 
I love you all, and look forward to talking to you in two weeks. Enjoy Christmas time!!
-Elder Burnham

0 comments: