Saturday, December 4, 2010

Spanish Meeting 11/22/2010









Family and all,

We are trying to work with all the new investigators we found last week. It has been hard. They don't have a whole lot of time and lots of appointments we makw with them fall through. I suppose that is part of missionary work. Eva, who had come to church once (I think I have already written about her) has basically disappeared. She started school and it seems like she is never there, or just chooses not to open the door. Either way it is frustrating.


We are working with a lady named Silvia. She is the next door neighbor of a recent convert of 10 months, Amanda. We had taught her once about 6 weeks ago, but then Amanda stopped comming to church for three weeks. Amanda is coming again, with her testinomy as strong as ever, and she is helping Silvia a lot. They have a strong bond, and there is a lot of fellowshipping. She brought Silvia to church with her this week. It was good. We hope to teach her one or two more times this week. Amanda actually brought up baptism in the lesson, and said that she wants Silvia to be able to do it. We are going to invite her to set a baptismal date this week. I am really optomistic for it.


We also had a cool meeting on Saturday. All the Spanish missionaries from the mission got together and had a specialized training. We talked about the culture, the language, and other things. It was fun to learn and see all the other missionaries. After, we went to the temple and did a session in Spanish- my second one. I was really cool.


I am also excited for thanksgiving. I hope you all are too. I love you and hope your testimonies are growing!
Alma 34:38
D&C 78:19

-Elder Burnham


P.S. Zach Anderson is the ward mission leader for the ward the assistants are in. While down in Omaha Saturday, I saw him! It was strange to see someone that I had known before the mission. We talked for a few minutes. Fun stuff.


PPS The picture with lots of people is of all the Spanish missionaries.
The one with four people is me with all my former Spanish comps still in the mission.
The one with 6 of us is the missionaries in our ward and our ward mission leader Ignacio who is going out of town for 6 weeks. We will miss him.

0 comments: